Thursday, April 22, 2010

No school for the big kids today!

I LOVE it when school is out for my older sons.  Just to have them home is wonderful even if we don't do anything special.  Today probably qualifies for a "nothing special" day because of JR's fever but we'll enjoy it anyway.  I was hoping to take them to a place called Deana Rose Farmstead.  It is a FREE place in our area that is sort of like a barnyard zoo.  They have all of the barnyard type animals plus for an extra amount(not too much) you can fish, take a pony ride or go on a hay ride....I think that's all...even if you don't do the extras the kids have a blast.  Another day maybe.

I cleaned out our larger fish tank this morning and dumped the old water on our flower garden out front.  Jaker got to learn about one natural way to get rid of slugs in your flowerbed.....he salted it.  He thought that was crazy, but was pretty amazed when it worked.  I remember when we lived in Germany the rain would bring the slugs out in droves....they would cover the sidewalk and I hated to have to go out when they were out.  I think they are so gross...ewwww!!!!

No comments: