Wednesday, April 7, 2010

ready set go

Well, its almost midnight, but I am ready for my first really organized day of preschool tomorrow.  We'll see how it goes.  I have workboxes set up with the activities.
1. circle time: calendar activity, creation story, song
2. table work...dots on a letter a, rubbing of a capital A, abc story, letter a coloring page
3. ball skills....all sorts of balls to toss, kick, bat...should be fun
4. our family activity...I'm going to draw a picture of our family while they dictate how it should look...might also play head, shoulders, knees and toes
5. flower pot activity and folder game......flowers on Popsicle sticks with either an A or a on them.  label pots with florist foam to push the sticks into.  folder game is simply four apples with the numbers 1-4 on them.  put the correct number and/or color of counting bears on the apples.







I also have a puzzle center and a lego center...

We are going to try to do school downstairs tomorrow so when we come up for lunch or whenever we are done I'll sit them down with playdough at the table so I can tackle kitchen chores.  I think I'll let them help me bake a loaf of banana bread too.

They are four and almost three so we'll see.  I don't know whether to think it will take all morning or we'll be through in an hour....I guess we'll see.  I'm excited though because all afternoon today they asked me when we could do school again.

Goodnight!

No comments: