Tuesday, April 6, 2010

This is the day that the Lord has made.

I will rejoice and be glad in it.  I have been singing that silently to myself all day.  I am feeling tired today so trying to keep on keeping on.  The gluten free diet is going well for me.  Due to the expense I am going to start reintroducing gluten into the kitchen.  Justin has now been tested and is negative for celiac or any wheat allergies so I will go ahead and let he and Jake eat the gluten products.  Still trying to keep JR and I gluten free.  Caitlin is another story.  That little gal is a chow hound.  Try as I might she manages to get gluten-y foods.  Today while I was at therapy she and daddy split a pot pie....so we'll just see how it goes for now.  I still feel better than I ever have so I am pleased to say that I am firmly convinced that this is what I need to be doing right now.

I started our home preschool this week.  I am following the curriculum from ABC Jesus Loves Me as a guideline, and I love it. I am struggling a bit as the curriculum should be started at the beginning of the school year so the holidays match up but I just decided to start at week one and deal with the holiday weeks when I get there..  Last night I cut out the uppercase alphabet from sandpaper and mounted it on cardstock.  I also got the numbers 1-10 cut out and started on the lowercase....ugh...JR's OT was so excited that I had made those for him that it was worth the sore hands this morning!  I also sized up her "handwriting without tears" wooden pieces and plan to make something similar from foam or foam core board for him.  Everything is so expensive to buy.  So the kiddos are learning about the story of Creation...we learned about days one and two this morning and glued cottonball clouds over our ocean....very cute.

No comments: