Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Asthma kiddo take two and a rundown of a busy day!

I started the day off at the allergy doc for JR.  He has been on oral steroids for his asthma three times already this year so it was time for an action plan and something to curb the craziness(craziness referring to a four year old on steroids....talk about climbing the wall).  The visit went well.  She ended up putting him on flovent, a drug that asthma kiddo take one(oldest son) takes during the spring and fall months, so I am well acquainted with it.  The bad thing is that we had his two therapy appointments after that so we were at the hospital from 8 am until 12:30 pm.  By time we got home we were all three frazzled(did I mention I had to take the two year old too because Jim had a job interview) so we went through the drive thru at Burger King and went straight down for a nap.

A note about Burger King...mostly to myself....if you are on a gluten free diet and you decide to eat at burger king............do NOT eat breaded chicken and onion rings just because you are worn out and hungry beyond belief.  I sank into a "gluten" coma...the fog descended, the joints are achy, I bloated up like a balloon..yuck.  Next time I think I'll go to wendy's and have a baked potato!!!  Not worth it.  I'm wondering how long its going to take the "glutenated" feeling to go away???  We shall see.

I got an appointment with the developmental pediatrician!!!  August 9, so the clock is ticking.  That's not as bad as I was thinking it could be.  They said to expect three hours..argh.  Ah well.

On the illness front...I feel like I am at about 80% recovered.  It feels so good not to be coughing all the time. I haven't had an asthma flare up like that in quite awhile.

I hope your day was blessed in some way and I look forward to hopping around and reading everyone's blogs.  This definitely becomes habit forming!

Bobbi

ps.....Caitlin only had 1 accident today and that included all the time at the hospital waiting on JR's appointments!!!  Potty dance anyone??

No comments: