Sunday, May 9, 2010

Laptop worries

I guess its sad to say that it worried me but it did.  I came in and hit the power button and.......nothing....then an error message which took me in a loop of never ending nothingness.  I called my brother and he tried to help, but this time it was bad.  So I got on the geeksquad free help board and searched how to restore factory defaults.  Sigh....I wonder what I am missing.  The good news is that my laptop is functioning again.  The bad news is that I am starting from scratch.  I hope that I didn't lose anything important.

Our riding lawn mower played the same trick today.  It either needs a new carb. or clutch...hmmm...and hubby is going to be gone for 8 weeks.  He is going to by ds1 a push mower.  That's probably safer anyway.  I wonder if it will take him all day to get the yard mowed that way though.  We shall see.

Tomorrow is mother's day.  I am happy and sad.  I have four wonderful children to celebrate and one wee babe in heaven.  My Momma is in heaven too though and therein is the sad part.  I miss her so and mother's day was always more between she and I than between me and my kids.  I guess its time for some new traditions.  I hope that not too many people call me tomorrow...I think I'm hoping for a quiet mother's day.

My Asthma is still flared.  Day 4 of oral steroids.  I did much better today but I overdid it.  Now I'm coughing something terrible again and breathing through straws.  I took some cough syrup with codeine in it and I'm waiting for that to start working.  I did take my inhaler too, but the codeine helps at night.

Well, this has been a negative post so maybe I should think of a couple of good things to add in.

I took the babies to Lowe's Build and Grow workshop this morning.  We built a planter with a trellis to put a flower in for mom.  They LOVE the Lowe's workshop and ask each time we pass by there if they can go and  hammer something.   The planters turned out really cute.

The boys and Jim helped my brother pack up some more things from their house(they are moving from across the street from us to another state).  What a sweet thing to see my big guys banding together in work and serving another family.

I think that's all for now.  I hope you have a blessed mother's day.  I'm going to focus on soaking in the hugs and kisses and enjoying my family.

3 comments:

mommy2isaac said...

Hope your Mothers day was great! I am praying for you and for a quick recovery!

Peggy said...

So glad you found me on FF! I will be following you back:)
Mother's Day can be a pretty sentimental time--I lost my Mom when I was 16, so have missed her for many years now. But like you, I have lovely kids, and they help make life wonderful.
Have a good week!

kcmom2four said...

Thank you both for your kind words. Today turned out to be a good day which ended with the whole family in the backyard playing on the playground equipment that hubby and ds1 worked on today. Such joyous laughter.